Wednesday, June 17, 2009

90 in 90

Well, this is becoming more of a journal than a blog, but that is okay. I am going to keep writing because it is therapeutic to me and in the hopes that someone is reading and may benefit. I took my two last finals yesterday and it was awesome. Its amazing to actually take a test clean and sober- your mind actually functions again! I could actually think about other things besides drugs and getting more of them. I have really benefited from going to a lot of meetings recently. I mostly go to AA meetings along with my ARP (LDS Addiction Recovery Program) meeting on Thursday evenings. Last week I decided that I would wanted to do 90 meetings in 90 days. At first that seemed daunting. But, now its hard for me to go a day without going to a meeting. I work all day and I like to be at home with my family at night, so I try and go to meetings in the early mornings and during lunch. It has really strengthened my recovery. Before I quit using I would drive by the locations of meetings but never quite made it inside. I was too scared I would know someone or they would know me. We can't let our pride get in the way of our recovery. We need to get clean and then help others get clean. Anyway, I feel great today. Its a great day to be sober. I have now been clean for 50 days! One day at a time. All things are possible with God.

Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment